Thank you for your interest in the Good Shepherd Community Health Foundation Scholarship Award. As our Mission Statement indicates, we are here to “enhance the quality of life and general health of residents living in the West Umatilla and Morrow County communities.” Assisting those who are pursuing degrees or certification in health-related professions will definitely help to meet that fundamental goal. This scholarship is reserved for students from our service area in hopes of educating and providing career opportunities for local health care professionals.
The Good Shepherd Community Health Foundation Scholarship Award is based on merit, rather than financial need. To be considered as a scholarship recipient you must have completed at least one year of study towards your chosen area by the time the scholarship is awarded in June 2018. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 will be awarded.
Applicants are asked to complete and fulfill the following criteria:
- Application Form
- Provide a copy of your most current transcript
- Provide verification of future courses with a study plan signed by your advisor or an itemized pre-registration receipt.
- Write an essay that integrates the following topics:
The essay must be typed, two pages, and double-spaced.
- What medical profession you wish to pursue.
- Where you would want to practice as a medical professional.
- How you might call on any of the following Good Shepherd Health Care System values, while practicing your intended medical profession:
- Three letters of recommendation