Thank you for your interest in the Good Shepherd Community Health Foundation Employee Scholarship Award. As our Mission Statement indicates, we are here to “to provide compassionate high quality and accessible health care” to the residents living in the Medical Center Service area. Assisting employees who are pursuing degrees or certification in health-related professions will definitely help to meet that mission. This scholarship is reserved for employees of the Good Shepherd Health Care System in hopes of educating and providing career opportunities for local health care professionals.
The Good Shepherd Community Health Foundation Employee Scholarship Award is based on merit, financial need and the Medical System’s need for certain health care professionals. To be considered as a scholarship recipient you must have completed at least one year of study towards your chosen area by the time the scholarship is awarded in June 2018. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 will be awarded.
Applicants are asked to complete and fulfill the following criteria:
- Application Form
- Provide a copy of your most current transcript
- Provide verification of future courses with a study plan signed by your advisor or an itemized pre-registration receipt.
- Write an essay that explains the following topics:
The essay must be type written, two pages, and double-spaced.
- What medical profession you wish to pursue.
- Where you would want to practice as a medical professional.
- Your financial need.
- How you might call on any of the following Good Shepherd Health Care System values, while practicing your intended medical profession:
- Include three letters of recommendation.