We are pleased to invite graduating seniors who are seeking a career in a medical field (e.g. physician, nurse, therapist, technologist, pharmacist, etc.) to apply for a GSCHF scholarship. Scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000 will be awarded.
To be considered for these scholarships, a student must:
- Be a high school senior in GSHCS service area.
- Intend to pursue studies in a medical field.
- Complete the personal information section below.
- Compile the required Scholarship Packet found below.
- Submit your Scholarship Packet online. Packets must be received by February 28, 2018.
Instructions for Scholarship Packet Requirements:
- Write a letter directed to the GSCHF Scholarship Committee describing your career and educational goals, and how you intend to reach those goals. Describe the qualities you have developed that will help you succeed in obtaining your goals. Tell us what obstacles you have faced in the past and how you have overcome them.
- Write an essay that integrates the following topics:
The essay must be type written, two pages, and double-spaced.
- The medical profession you wish to pursue and why.
- Where you would want to practice as a medical professional and why.
- How likely you would be to eventually practice in the GSCHF service area.
- How you might call on any of the following Good Shepherd Health Care System values while practicing your intended medical profession:
- Please provide two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, volunteer leaders, or work supervisors who can describe your abilities and potential to succeed as you pursue a career in a medical field. At least one of the letters must speak to your academic excellence.
- Please list the activities and community service that you have been involved in during high school.
- Please include a recent copy of your High School Transcript.